Thursday, September 10, 2009

One of a Kind Ribbon...

So surely you figured out that right behind the new custom shirts, would be new custom ribbon prints right? It was my challenge for the month of August. Milla had several cute sundresses hanging in her closet that were not getting worn for ONE reason... NO bow to match!

After several test runs I've figured out how to print ribbon and you can now have a bow with ANYTHING on it. Your daughter's name: no problem. High school logo: no problem. Barney: no problem. I'm really in love with this new concept and I simply CAN'T stop printing!

Here are some examples:

I had a custom circus shirt made for Milla on esty (would love to give you the incredible designers name, but she has closed shop to deal with a family illness). The shirt was SO cute! But I couldn't decide what to put in the center of the bow! Answer: I took a picture of the clown and made a bottlecap center with it for the center of the bow...



When I saw this dress it just SCREAMED Milla! Brown zebra stripes and green and brown polka dots, how super cute. But what to match it with?
I was able to print brown zebra ribbon and brown polka dots! A perfect match! (this is when the addiction started)...

Next, this beautiful sundress from Gymboree that had never been worn because it had no bow. Solution, I took a picture of the fabric, tweeked it a bit and printed a bow with the exact same image:
What's great is Milla has several pieces of this Gymboree line so it can be worn with several different outfits.
My sweet sister sent Milla this boutique camo dress, SO cute! But I couldn't match the fabric with any camo in the store... I was able to use the same technique to print the ribbon.
I wish I had a better close up of Milla's 1st day of school bow (I'll steal it from her room tomorrow and post)... I made her shirt and printed 2 layers of apple ribbon to match. She had a glitter apple in the center of the bow. So cute! There's no way your child's teacher will forget their name on the first day of school when it's on their shirt!
Our television set is all of the sudden turned to football (this is when I become a bow making machine, it's the perfect background noise to craft). I decided that Milla definitely needed a Dallas Cowboys bow. I am in LOVE with this bow! It can be made for high school, college or NFL teams...

So what did Miss Miss (my new nickname for her for some reason) wear to school today? Elmo of course!


This girl would SERIOUSLY wear a character shirt every day if I would let her... Her other favorite is Minnie Mouse, so I made her a Minnie Mouse bow too...
Interested in getting your own one of a kind bow? Have a dress in the back of the closet without a bow or a birthday celebration coming up that you need a spectacular bow for? Email me, challenge me, it's why I love doing this!

Oh and some bows I did for a baby shower a few weeks ago...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you please email me and tell me how to print ribbon. I am making bows to match my granddaughters dresses I make for her. I would really appreciate the help.
Sue