Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mexican Casserole Recipe...

I'm so excited to hear some of my friends have tried the fried rice recipe! I thought I'd share some Tex Mex favorites...

KING RANCH CHICKEN
We have LONG been fans of King Ranch Chicken... I have fond memories of it being served at camp when I was a kiddo... it was always my favorite dinner at camp. I have several friends from south Texas and we all make it differently (some use flour tortillas, some use noodles, some use tortilla chips and I use flour tortillas)...

2 chicken breasts (I use rotesserie chicken from the supermarket)
1 can rotel (we don't like it chunky so I blend it for a second in the blender)
1 can cream of cheddar soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
4 flour tortillas
1 cup of mexican cheese mix
2 ounces of velveeta if you have it on hand

Mix together rotel, cheddar soup, chicken soup, 1/2 c mexican cheese and shredded velveeta
Shred chicken breasts into small pieces
Tear tortillas into small pieces

Mix all together in a casserole dish and cover with the other 1/2 c of mexican cheese

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350... serves 4.

King Ranch Beef
1 pound of ground beef
Taco seasoning
1 can rotel (we don't like it chunky so I blend it for a second in the blender)
1 can cream of cheddar soup
4 flour tortillas
1 cup of mexican cheese mix
2 ounces of velveeta if you have it on hand

Brown beef with taco seasoning (don't use too much... it ended up pretty spicy)
Stir together rotel, cheddar soup, 1/2 c mexican cheese and velveeta
Tear tortillas into small pieces
Stir everything together and cover with other 1/2 c of mexican cheese

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes... serves 4.

Both are GREAT with Megathin tortilla chips...

Oh also if you are on Facebook... become a fan of Cupcake Clips and Bows... I'll be doing some giveaways and sales exclusive to fans...

Click here to become a fan...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, we can't buy cheddar soup here. Argh! I'll have to melt in some cheese 'cause I've gotta try this.